Our Covid-19 response and protocols
Stay Small, Stay Safe at one of the premier Bed and Breakfast’s in the Finger Lakes
With the evolving coronavirus, we are taking every extra effort to keep our Inn, its rooms and common areas clean and safe for you, our employees and the community at large. Currently the Inn is accepting reservations and is open for business. We are closely following the evolving Covid-19 Pandemic and if a reservation needs to be canceled or delayed, we are happy to help you find alternative dates or assist with a cancellation.
The State of our Region
Currently, our region of New York is open with some restrictions. Local restaurants, wineries, breweries, parks and museums are open for business, some with restrictions. Most of the wineries are requiring reservations for tastings, it is best to visit the websites of wineries you plan to visit prior to your stay to view their polices and make reservations. Restaurants are serving at 75% capacity indoors, most outdoor dining will be open until inclement weather returns. Again, MOST of the restaurants are requiring reservations, especially on the weekends, it is best to call and make plans ahead of your stay. Takeout is also an option with many of our local eateries.
When staying at Magnolia Place
- If you are feeling ill, have a fever, cough or shortness of breath, please do not travel. Any guests who display symptoms consistent with Covid-19 will get a refund and be required to leave. Call us if your plans need to change for health reasons.
- Bring a face mask and use it in accordance with New York State mandates and CDC guidelines.
- Respect the New York State mandates, if you are fully vaccinated, there is no need to wear a mask indoors. If you are not vaccinated, you are required to inform the Innkeepers and wear a mask and social distance. The only exception to this rule is when you are seated for breakfast.
- Remember to wash and/or sanitize your hands frequently throughout the day and prior to coming to breakfast.
- Please do not hesitate to contact us via telephone or text, we are happy to provide you with any updated information and keep you abreast of any changes at the Inn or the community at large.
Housekeeping and Sanitation
We have focused our attention to increase our standard cleaning routine with more proactive and protective methods. We remain committed to upholding the highest levels of cleanliness and have taken an extra level of sanitary precautions so you feel comfortable during your stay at Magnolia. Below outlines our effective response procedures to help us continue to provide a safe, clean and welcoming Inn for all.
- Comprehensive COVID-19 guidance is in place, including recurrent cleaning and sanitation of high-touch and traffic areas within the common areas and rooms. These include, doorknobs, stair rails, coffee station, countertops, etc.
- Before and after each stay, rooms will be sanitized from top to bottom, then inspected by management
- We are not offering daily maid service for multiple night stays per NYS Health Department’s recommendation. However, if you need new towels of other supplies, we are happy to provide them.
- We have added disposable disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer in strategic areas throughout the Inn for guests use.
Breakfast and bringing takeout back to Magnolia
- We continue to serve breakfast while maintaining social distancing. There may be times that we will have two seating’s ensuring we maintain the social distancing protocols.
- If you are unvaccinated, wearing a mask in the dining room and throughout all the common areas is required unless you are seated at your table.
- Guests are required to sanitize their hands prior to using the beverage area. Sanitizer is provided.
- When bringing takeout food into the Inn, you are welcome to use our formal dining room. We have paper supplies in our Guest Pantry for your use. There is a large trash can for any trash you might have in this same area. Let us know when you are finished, we will clean and sanitize the space.
- The kitchen is off limits to guests but we have provided a microwave in the guest pantry for warming leftovers.
Things to do and see
We have some great pages on our website, check out the “Our Area” Page, there you will find several pages focused on activities, wineries and eateries.
We are here for you
Please feel free to call (607) 546-5338 or email us at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns. We continue to monitor the advice of the CDC and the NYS Health Department and are following all State and Federal directives. We sincerely appreciate the trust you place in us when you travel and encourage guests to stay informed about CDC reported cases in our state by visiting their relevant website.