Magnolia Place: Policies
Room Rates & Taxes
- All rates are based on double occupancy.
- Two night minimum on weekends and 3 night minimum during all event weekends (May – Nov Please call for event dates).
- Discounts are available for extended stays and packages.
- House Rental for 16 people plus “event room”. Call for information and rate.
- All room prices are subject to 8% New York sales tax, and a 4% county lodging tax.
Check In & Check Out
- Guest Check in is 4:00 – 6:00pm Please call us to arrange an earlier or later arrival time. All arrivals after 6:00pm will be self check-in.
- Check out is 11:00am. In order to accommodate arriving guests, we ask that you vacate your room by 11:00 AM on your departure date. If you would like a later check-out, please let us know and we shall make every effort to accommodate you.
- We require a deposit of one room night rental per room to secure your booking, some specials may require a higher deposit.
- Our “cancellation policy” provides for a full refund, less a 10% processing fee, for reservations canceled fifteen days prior to your expected arrival. Cancellation of your reservation within fourteen days is a 100% fee.
- No refund on special event weekends (NASCAR, Vintage) and graduation weekends (Cornell etc.). Call us for this year’s dates.
- Magnolia Place is a Non-Smoking facility, this includes the use of e-cigarettes.
- Although we have a pet that lives with us, we do not allow pets.
- Although we do not accommodate pets, we do have a kennel near us that can help if you need their services
- We are unable to accommodate children under the age of 14 years.
ADA Website Compliance
Our goal is to provide a wonderful experience in the desirable location of Hector, NY. We have built our site with ADA compliance in mind and have utilized available tools such as achecker.ca and Google Chrome’s ADA compatibility diagnostic tools. Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. If you have difficulty navigating our website or booking a room at our inn, we ask you to contact us via telephone or email and our helpful staff will be happy to assist you. Please note that due to the age of the building on our property, we are not ADA Compliant. We do offer some features that may accommodate your special needs. (see below) Just call will questions.
We work very hard to provide an easy-to-use online experience for all guests. We believe all of our website visitors should be able to easily research online on https://www.magnoliawelcome.com regardless of device type and whether an individual requires assistive technology. Our Inn’s website allows visitors to search for accessibility featured guest rooms with ease and details our property’s accessibility features here. If you have any questions or would like to report any issues related to the accessibility features of our property’s website, please contact us at email@example.com
Bed and Breakfast Website Accessibility Features
This website for Magnolia Place Bed and Breakfast is designed to be fully accessible to all and is designed according to W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 and conforms to most priority checkpoints which entail some of the following elements:
Our inn’s website can be navigated by using the tab key to traverse the elements of each page and by using the enter key to activate a highlighted link.
Structured, Semantic Markup
HTML heading tags are used to convey the document structure. Navigation menus are tagged as HTML maps so that the menu title can be read out, and the menu items are presented as a group.
All content images include descriptive ALT attributes and all purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
The site is designed to conform to Level AA compliance as specified by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. All pages validate as XHTML 1.0 and use structured semantic markup.
Bed and Breakfast Accessibility Features
All guests are welcome at the inn. However, due to the age of our building, we are not ADA Compliant. We do, however, have limited accessibility for those with disabilities. The Lilac Suite is a first-floor accessible room. Magnolia Place does have a portable ramp to allow access into the house and into the Garden Room for breakfast or gatherings. We request advance notice so we are prepared for your arrival and are set up for your easy access. If you require other items please inform us prior to your stay, and we will be happy to work with you to assure a pleasant and comfortable stay.
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, which explains the reasons behind each guideline.
- Section 508, Information and news about the accessibility standards introduced by Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Accessibility Software and Services
The following tools and services are available for free to assist you with viewing and interacting with our website:
- HTML Validator for HTML Validator, a free service for checking that web pages conform to published HTML standards.
- Click Here for Web Page Backward Compatibility Viewer, a tool for viewing your web pages without a variety of modern browser features.
- Click Here for Lynx, a free text-only web browser.
Optimize the way you view your web browser. If you have difficulty in reading our website on your screen, you may be able to change the settings on your browser to help you improve readability and visibility of each webpage:
Learn about the Accessibility features of these major Internet Browsers below:
- Mozilla Firefox: Click Here for Mozilla Firefox Accessibility Features
- Google Chrome: Click Here for Google Accessibility Features
- Internet Explorer: Click Here for Microsoft Internet Explorer Ease of Access Options
- Apple Safari: Click Here for Apple Accessibility Support
Magnolia Place Bed and Breakfast is a United States based business which complies with applicable laws to protect your personal information. As a data controller, upon consent, we will collect and process your personal information in order to provide you with superior service, analyze your travel and accommodation preferences, and inform you of specials, packages and events. You may withdraw your consent at any time.
Individuals located in the European Union have a right to change, request deletion of, or know the extent of personal information collected by our business. Unless required to do otherwise by law, we will honor requests to update, correct, change, or delete personal data following successful identity verification.
Magnolia Place Bed and Breakfast has adopted reasonable physical, technical and organizational safeguards which guard against accidental, unauthorized or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure, access, use or processing of the personal data in our possession. Customers and visitors will be promptly notified in the event of any known unauthorized access to, or use of personal data.
Collection and Storage of Personal Data
The processing of personal data, such as the name, address, e-mail address, or telephone number of our customers, shall to the best of our knowledge, be in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and in accordance with country-specific data protection regulations.
We only collect personal data to be able to deliver accommodations in a safe and legal way for both us and the guest and in line with required regulations.
As we only use personal data for the purposes mentioned in the point above we assume guests give consent by a clear affirmative action (entering their own personal data by themselves and confirming the reservation by pressing a button in the system).
We collect the following personal data: name, address, phone number, email address, and credit card data.
We never collect personal data for accompanying children under 16.
We never use personal data for profiling purposes.
We never sell or use personal data that we have received to a third party.
Subscriptions to receive email updates will be held indefinitely.
You may request deletion of your data from our marketing databases by opting out of consent.
If you wish to update, remove, or add to the information collected by our website or held by our marketing team, you may submit your request on our website or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org Any incident related to a data breach or theft of data is immediately reported to the Privacy Commission.
Customer Access to Data Requests
If a customer asks for their personal data, we will provide it free of charge.
We communicate the personal data we store to our customer both through the booking confirmation and in the arrival information. The only exception to this rule is credit card information which we only send encrypted and only upon specific request.
Visiting Our Website
By visiting our website, you consent to the collection and use of your personal data as described herein. If you do not agree with the terms set herein, please do not visit this website. If required by applicable law, we will seek your explicit consent to process personal data collected or volunteered by you. Kindly note that any consent will be entirely voluntary.
Visitors to our website may opt-out of cookies storage at any time and prevent the setting of cookies by means of a setting of the Internet browser used, and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies.
We operate an email mailing list program used to inform consented subscribers about news, specials, and events. Users subscribe through an online automated process where they give their explicit permission. The subscribers personal details are collected, processed, managed and stored in accordance with the regulations named in ‘The policy’ above.
Email marketing messages may contain tracking beacons, tracked clickable links, or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of subscriber data relating to the customers engagement, geographic, and demographics. Through our emails you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time.
Subscriptions to Newsletters
Our customers are informed regularly by means of a newsletter about offers, specials and events. The customer may only receive our newsletter by (1) having a valid e-mail address and (2) the customer consents to the subscription.
The personal data collected as part of a registration for the newsletter is only used to send our newsletter. There will be no transfer of personal data collected by the newsletter service to third parties. The subscription to our newsletter may be terminated by the customer at any time. The consent to the storage of personal data, which the customer has given, may be cancelled at any time. To unsubscribe to our newsletter, a corresponding link is found in each newsletter. It is also possible to unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time by email or in writing.
External Website Links & Third Parties
Although we only look to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout our website.
We cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite our best efforts. Visitors to our website should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and we cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Magnolia Place Bed & Breakfast may amend this Privacy Statement from time to time in order to meet changes in the regulatory environment, business needs, or to satisfy the needs of our guests, properties, strategic marketing partners, and service providers.